Episode 008 – May 2020 Income Report – $62,680 TTD Revenue
This episode is all about our May 2020 income report. In May, we finalized our sales funnel, made updates to the course, and pursued a couple of paid sponsorship opportunities with two podcasts and two newsletters. Gina learned a lot when it came to approaching sponsors as well as the sponsorship process in general and she’s telling us all about it!
- 9/25/19: Gina, Mel & Hailey first talk about building a podcasting skills course
- 10/31/19: We get our first email list subscriber
- 11/29/19 – 12/2/19: Launch #1
- 1/25/20 – 1/27/20: Launch #2
- 1/28/20: Added a payment plan option
- 3/6-8/20: The three of us met in person for the first time at Podfest 2020 in Orlando
- 3/5/20 – 3/8/20: Launch #3
- 3/23/20: Rebranded from Podcast VAs to Podcast Production School
- 3/31/20: Transitioned from launch model to evergreen model
- 3/31/20: 787 subscribers
- 4/30/20: 91 New opt-ins
- 5/31/20: Sales funnel in place. Sponsorships took effect (2 podcasts + 2 newsletters).
- Two of our beautiful team members had birthdays in May! (Gina & Hailey)
- Promotional efforts in May.
- Gina’s experience with the sponsorship process and where it can be better.
- Completing our sales funnel.
- Publishing student income reports to the blog!
- Total sales as of May 2020 – $62,680.