Episode 026 – Running Service-Based vs Digital Product-Based Businesses
Service-based vs digital product-based businesses – What are they? How are these two types of businesses different or similar?
In this episode, we’ll be diving into what these different types of online businesses are, what we’ve learned through our individual businesses and of course, our experiences with Podcast Production School as an online product-based business.
Interestingly, we’ve each run service-based businesses, which is what we teach on in our course, and now we run a digital product-based business together with Podcast Production School.
This is an awesome episode you don’t want to miss. Enjoy!
- Business = for profit.
- Digital product-based biz – not selling physical products, create usually once, improve over time.
- Service-based biz – offering a service, time, or your skills in return for pay from a client in need of them, usually remotely.
- When comparing the two, think about energy, time, and value between each type.
- No matter which route you take, you need to be able to sell yourself and be easily ‘findable’.
- 75% of the battle with either is marketing and sales.
- #1 difference – service-based biz requires a few quality clients to make a living.
- Working with both types gives you an interesting and unique approach to online business.
What We’re digging:
Mel – VO Booth
Gina – Diapers & wipes!
Hailey – Having only one house
Links & Resources Mentioned: