Episode 011 – SPECIAL EPISODE: Self-Publishing a Book on Amazon (and where you can find ours!)
Welcome to our first SPECIAL episode of Becoming Internet Famous! 🤩
We’re excited to announce… We’ve written a book, y’all!
That’s right, Make Money As A Podcast Producer: Transform Your Podcasting Passion Into Profit will be available to the world as of August 4, 2020!
We decided to take the “self-publishing a book on Amazon” route and we couldn’t be more excited about how the book turned out.
Why did you publish a book when you’ve written an entire course?
Great question! The book offers readers and want to be Podcast Producers an affordable jump-start into the world of podcasting and podcast production. We wanted to provide a way for individuals interested in podcast production, no matter their skill level, to get an idea of what the industry looks like, how fast it’s growing, and how they can get paid to offer services to business owners.
While our course, Podcast Production School, is a deep dive into the “how” of podcast production, Make Money as a Podcast Producer offers readers the chance to ask themselves “do I want to do this kind of work?” and learn what that looks like in the podcasting space.
This episode we’re taking you through our process of writing the book alongside a ghost writer, seeking the expertise of self-publishing queen, Sally Miller, and how this journey has given us yet another opportunity to take our brand messaging to the next level.
- Why we wrote a book in addition to our online course.
- Self-publishing a book on Amazon.
- Not needing to specialize in everything – the value of hiring out.
- Our process of hiring and working with a ghost writer.
- Managing competing deadlines with course updates, launches, and webinars.
- Utilizing a book launch team to help with our Amazon algorithm.
- Getting clear on our messaging so we can add more value to the space.
- Our goals for the book.
- Launch dates: August 4th – 9th, 2020